Let Sustainability WA assist you with your next commercial project by providing an easy to read, cost effective solution.
We have 2 options available for Section J Compliance:
Deemed To Satisfy Assessment. This is when each individual component of the building must comply with the insulation or performance requirements shown in the BCA.
So for example the Roof/Ceiling, walls, floor and all other building elements must each have a minimum R Value. Using this method you cannot, for example make the roof insulation better and have less wall insulation. You must comply with each individual section.
Glazing is assessed on each facade individually and has a maximum percentage of glass, so you cannot offset lots of glazing on one side by having minimal amount on another side. Lighting is also assessed against a minimum criteria.
JV3 assessments model the entire building in a 3D modelling program. We then compare this to another model of the same building that has all the individual components required on the BCA. A maximum energy efficiency load (kWh) is established for the building. We can then change the components of the building as long as this maximum is not exceeded.
This means not all areas need to comply with the minimum areas of the BCA as per the DTS assessment method. If, for example, you had an energy efficient building and found you didn’t need wall insulation, you wouldn’t need to put it in.
You can also use items such as energy efficient lighting to offset your insulation requirements. This means a lot more freedom to find a solution without expensive upgrades such as under floor insulation or upgraded glass.
Advantages of a JV3 assessment:
- Less insulation generally required, particularly floor and wall insulation resulting in lower construction costs
- Upgraded glazing not usually required resulting in lower construction costs
- More freedom to trade off one area against another (For example better wall insulation instead of upgraded glass)
- Greater energy efficiency than a DTS method
Advantages of a DTS assessment:
- Lower upfront assessment cost
- Quick and simple compared to a JV3 assessments
- Clear what insulation needs to be installed early in design stage
All reports show exactly what is required in your set of plans and provide what you need for your building license application.
Our Service includes:
- Detailed assessment of the building plans
- Clear and concise recommendations to address areas of non-compliance
- Comprehensive Report – required to obtain a Building Permit
- Professional, efficient and reliable service
- Competitive fixed-fee pricing
- Commercial Energy efficiency or Section J Compliance can be handled QUICKLY and COST EFFECTIVELY by Erating.
Please note that Classes 2 and 4 require a HERS assessment similar to what is required for residential projects to be combined with your Section J report.
The energy efficiency requirements will change depending on the class of the building, the heating and cooling to be installed and the use of the areas within the buildings.
Different buildings and even different sections of the buildings need to be handled differently. In the report you receive form Erating your requirements will be clearly listed to ensure you comply with Section J Requirements in the most cost effective manner.
Whatever your project Erating has the tools and experience to provide you with the right solution quickly and cost effectively. Call or email now to find out how.
Got a question – ask us.
We would be happy to talk to you about your individual project requirements.
For further information please contact us.
We also have a range os fact sheets available on request or download them to our website.
08 9583 4333 or Contact Us and let us handle the details for you.